'Game of Thrones' Finds its 'Rightful Heir'
Stephen Dillane and Carice van Houten join the cast for Season 2 as the battle for the throne heats up.
Stephen Dillane and Carice van Houten have joined the growing ranks of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
With production set to begin Monday -- and the series’ Comic-Con debut set for Thursday -- the battle for the Iron Throne is heating up with Dillane cast as Stannis Baratheon, the older brother of the late King Robert (Mark Addy), The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Stannis stands as the rightful heir to the throne since newly crowned King Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) is -- spoiler alert! -- the offspring of Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) and Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau).
Dillane, repped by WME and Michelle Braidman Associates, played Thomas Jefferson in HBO’s Emmy-winning John Adams miniseries.
In addition, van Houten has been cast as Melisandre, an intimidating woman who councils Stannis in his quest to claim the throne. The character is described as having the ability to see visions of the future in fire. She is repped by CAA and Troika.
EW first reported the news.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR