'Game of Thrones': New Poster Gruesomely Recalls Sean Bean's Ned Stark (Photo)
The latest tease, featuring the disembodied head of a former character, serves as a reminder of how high the stakes are in the HBO series.
"The king can do as he likes." And that includes having lead characters decapitated.
There is little subtlety in HBO's latest ad for Season 2 of Game of Thrones, which shows the disembodied head of late Lord Ned Stark (Sean Bean) on a spike. The teaser poster recalls one of the first season's most surprising dispatches.
Ahead of the April 1 return, the poster gets an official unveiling at this weekend's WonderCon in Anaheim, Calif.. Fans will be able to take a photo with their face swapped in for Ned's and send them to the series' Facebook page.
It's hardly as glamorous as posing on the Iron Throne, but that probably won't stop it from seeing a lot of traffic.
Check out the full poster below:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)