'Game of Thrones': New Poster Gruesomely Recalls Sean Bean's Ned Stark (Photo)
The latest tease, featuring the disembodied head of a former character, serves as a reminder of how high the stakes are in the HBO series.
"The king can do as he likes." And that includes having lead characters decapitated.
There is little subtlety in HBO's latest ad for Season 2 of Game of Thrones, which shows the disembodied head of late Lord Ned Stark (Sean Bean) on a spike. The teaser poster recalls one of the first season's most surprising dispatches.
Ahead of the April 1 return, the poster gets an official unveiling at this weekend's WonderCon in Anaheim, Calif.. Fans will be able to take a photo with their face swapped in for Ned's and send them to the series' Facebook page.
It's hardly as glamorous as posing on the Iron Throne, but that probably won't stop it from seeing a lot of traffic.
Check out the full poster below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR