'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Premiere Date Set
The sophomore year of George R.R. Martin's fantasy drama will return April 1, and rookie comedy "Girls" will bow April 15.
HBO has set a return date for Season 2 of Game of Thrones.
The epic fantasy drama based on the best-sellers by George R.R. Martin will return Sunday, April 1. The 10-episode season was filmed at locations in Belfast and Northern Ireland.
Thrones picked up two Emmys for its freshman season, for its main title design and supporting actor for Peter Dinklage.
Rookie comedy Girls, created, written and starring Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture), will debut its 10-episode season on Sunday, April 15. Judd Apatow is among the exec producers on the half-hour series that explores the humiliations and triumphs of a group of New York girls in their early 20s.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)