'Game of Thrones': The Khaleesi Brings a Dragon to the Season 2 Premiere (Video)
In a preview for Sunday's Season 2 debut, Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) wanders the desert with her newly-hatched brood.
Ending its freshman run with a shot of a nude Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) surrounded by three smoldering baby dragons, HBO goes into Season 2 of Game of Thrones knowing that the CGI creatures are of particular interest for fans of the series.
There have been a few glimpses in previous trailers, but ahead of the April 1 premiere the network has released the first full clip of the Khaleesi's new winged co-stars.
Daenerys, not much cleaner than the last time we saw her, is seen wandering the desert with her shrinking band of followers with a dragon perched on her shoulder. She tries to feed the tiny red thing but resigns to putting it back in the cage.
"You think you can't beat dragons, but actually the reality of that is that they're stuck in a wasteland," said Clarke of the season's beginning. "And whilst having dragons is the kind of the biggest miracle that this world has seen, it's not going to put a roof over their heads or food on their table. That's the first struggle that you see her deal with."
Game of Thrones returns Sunday at 9:00 p.m. ET on HBO.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR