'Game of Thrones' Taps 'Rome' Alum for Prominent Season 3 Role
The HBO drama has finally settled on an actor to play Mance Rayder, the King Beyond the Wall.
After announcing more than a dozen new cast members earlier this summer, Game of Thrones has settled on the biggest addition to the third season.
Rayder, "the King Beyond the Wall," was once a member of the Night's Watch before abandoning his post to lead the Wildlings. Though he was referenced several times throughout the series' second season, and Jon Snow (Kit Harington) was taken to meet him during the finale, he had yet to appear on the show.
Hinds is no stranger to HBO. He played Julius Caesar on Rome, from 2005 to 2007. Most recently he's played Bill Clinton-esque figure Bud Hammond on USA miniseries Political Animals.
Read about more third season additions to Game of Thrones here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR