'Game of Thrones': 'Skins,' 'Hellboy' Actors Board for Season 2
Roy Dotrice and Hannah Murray join the growing cast of HBO's Emmy-nominated drama.
Roy Dotrice and Hannah Murray are checking in to HBO’s Game of Thrones.
As first reported by TVGuide.com, Dotrice -- who voices several characters in the A Song of Ice and Fire novels on which the HBO series is based -- will play Pyromancer Hallyne, the Chief of the Guild of Alchemists, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. For those who haven’t read the books, the group is an ancient society of me who have claimed magical abilities over the years who have seen their power diminished by the Maesters of the Citadel.
Dotrice’s credits include Hellboy II: The Golden Army.
Murray, meanwhile, will play Gilly, one of the women living with Old Craster who wants to escape his oppression.
Murray’s credits include the U.K. version of Skins.
Game of Thrones, fresh off its Television Critics Association award for outstanding new program, is currently in production on Season 2 in Belfast.
Monday’s news continues a surge of castings on the Emmy-nominated series. German actor Tom Wlaschiha was cast last week as Jaqen; and Gemma Whelan has been booked as Yara Greyjoy. Other recent additions include Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon; and Carice van Houten as Melisandre.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR