'Game of Thrones' Star Kit Harington 'Not Allowed to Cut' His Hair (Video)
The actor, who also voices a character in "How to Train Your Dragon 2," opening this Friday, reveals the unusual conversations that take place between agents, managers and HBO over his locks.
Game of Thrones star Kit Harington’s hair is somewhat of a star in its own right, with memes and a Twitter account devoted to the actor’s long locks.
In fact, his long hair is such a crucial part of the HBO series that he’s contractually obligated to not cut it, Harington said on Tuesday’s Live! With Kelly and Michael.
“I didn’t realize this until recently and then I kind of, I wanted to cut it -- I’ve had long hair for ages -- and they were like, ‘No, no, no, that won’t be happening.’”
The requirement has since led to “ridiculous conversations … between agents and managers and HBO,” Harington said.
“Can we have four inches off or can we have an inch off? What can we do with this? How curly should it be?” the actor said, indicated some of the issues being assessed. “It gets silly.”
Watch Harington discuss his hair in the video below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)