'Game of Thrones': Trio Join Sprawling Season 2 Cast
Lucian Msamati, Nonso Anozie and Laura Pradelska will play a pirate, a prince and a priestess, respectively.
With production on Season 2 in full swing, HBO’s Game of Thrones continues to add to its ranks, adding three new cast members.
British actors Lucian Msamati and Nonso Anozie and German newcomer Laura Pradelska have joined the ranks of the Emmy-nominated drama series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Msamati, whose credits include HBO’s No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, will play notorious pirate Salladhor Saan, a mercenary pirate pledged to the late King Robert Baratheon’s brother Stannis, according to EW.
Anozie (Conan the Barbarian) will play Xaro Xhoan Daxos, the merchant prince of Qarth and a member of a prominent group of traders, as first reported by Westeros.org.
Pradelska, meanwhile, will play Quaithe, a mysterious priestess from the eastern lands of Asshai who encounters Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) and her companions when they reach the city of Qarth.
Patrick Malahide was cast earlier this week as Lord Balon Greyjoy, the head of the house of Greyjoy.
Also joining Game of Thrones’ sophomore season are recent additions Robert Pugh as Craster, Roy Dotriceas Pyromancer Hallyne; German actor Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen; andWhelan as Yara. Other additions include Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon; and Carice van Houten as Melisandre.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram