Geena Davis to Star in TNT Drama Pilot From 'Leverage' Producer
The project, which Dean Devlin would direct, centers on an unconventional bail bondswoman.
TNT has ordered a bounty hunter drama pilot from Leverage executive producer Dean Devlin.
Nearly one month after the cable network opted not to renew the caper drama for a sixth season, it is staying in business with Devlin for an untitled project toplined by Geena Davis and inspired by the real-life story of Mackenzie Green.
The one-hour drama stars Davis as an unconventional bail bondswoman and bounty hunter whose eccentric personality and unusual tactics give her an advantage in a tough and unpredictable business.
Scott Prendergast and Amy Berg wrote the script, with Devlin set to direct. The trio would serve as executive producers, along with John Altschuler, Dave Krinsky, Tom Lassally and Michael Rotenberg.
This marks Devlin's third TNT project, including Leverage and The Librarian TV movies. Earlier Thursday, the network ordered an unscripted project from Jerry Bruckheimer.
Davis toplined ABC's Commander-in-Chief and The Geena Davis Show. More recently, the actress appeared in the AMC miniseries Coma.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR