'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' Premiere: Relationship Drama Scores Respectable Ratings
Also, the rock star-turned-reality star addresses the couple’s problems.
Is this a case of empty nest syndrome gone awry? After Gene Simmons and his partner of 28 years, Shannon Tweed, made several awkward appearances on Tuesday, the Season 7 premiere of their A&E reality series, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, premiered to steady ratings.
According to EW, the seventh season premiere on Tuesday night scored a solid 1.4 million viewers, which was similar to last season’s premiere audience in 2010.
Leading up to the premiere, the couple had been promoting the series on the talk show circuit and some wonder if the added dramatics, such as walking off The Joy Behar Show, were stunts to drum up ratings.
Stunts or not, Simmons hit Twitter to address the couple’s apparent problems. “In the end,” he tweets. “Shannon Tweed always knows what is best for this family. End of story.”
“Regardless of who is right and who is wrong,” he continues. “I will not allow anyone, not even me, to hurt my family.”
What was your take on the season premiere and the rock and roll couple’s drama?
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)