'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' Premiere: Relationship Drama Scores Respectable Ratings
Also, the rock star-turned-reality star addresses the couple’s problems.
Is this a case of empty nest syndrome gone awry? After Gene Simmons and his partner of 28 years, Shannon Tweed, made several awkward appearances on Tuesday, the Season 7 premiere of their A&E reality series, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, premiered to steady ratings.
According to EW, the seventh season premiere on Tuesday night scored a solid 1.4 million viewers, which was similar to last season’s premiere audience in 2010.
Leading up to the premiere, the couple had been promoting the series on the talk show circuit and some wonder if the added dramatics, such as walking off The Joy Behar Show, were stunts to drum up ratings.
Stunts or not, Simmons hit Twitter to address the couple’s apparent problems. “In the end,” he tweets. “Shannon Tweed always knows what is best for this family. End of story.”
“Regardless of who is right and who is wrong,” he continues. “I will not allow anyone, not even me, to hurt my family.”
What was your take on the season premiere and the rock and roll couple’s drama?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!