'General Hospital' Star Steve Burton Heads to 'Young and the Restless'
His first episode of the CBS soap will air Jan. 29.
Steve Burton is jumping ship.
The General Hospital star and Emmy winner has officially boarded CBS' The Young and the Restless, the actor announced Monday on CBS' The Talk.
CBS officially confirmed the move, announcing that he'd join the cast on Jan. 29 and play Dylan McAvoy, a rugged former soldier with a secret who arrives in Genoa City.
For Burton, the move reunites him with former General Hospital exec producer Jill Farren Phelps. Burton played Jason Morgan on GH since 1991, a supporting role that earned him Daytime Emmy. His credits include Taken and The Last Castle. His last GH episode aired Oct. 30.
The move comes on a busy day for soap opera news, with Prospect Park confirming Monday that formerly axed soaps All My Children and One Life to Live would air online.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR