'General Hospital' Star Steve Burton Heads to 'Young and the Restless'
His first episode of the CBS soap will air Jan. 29.
Steve Burton is jumping ship.
The General Hospital star and Emmy winner has officially boarded CBS' The Young and the Restless, the actor announced Monday on CBS' The Talk.
CBS officially confirmed the move, announcing that he'd join the cast on Jan. 29 and play Dylan McAvoy, a rugged former soldier with a secret who arrives in Genoa City.
For Burton, the move reunites him with former General Hospital exec producer Jill Farren Phelps. Burton played Jason Morgan on GH since 1991, a supporting role that earned him Daytime Emmy. His credits include Taken and The Last Castle. His last GH episode aired Oct. 30.
The move comes on a busy day for soap opera news, with Prospect Park confirming Monday that formerly axed soaps All My Children and One Life to Live would air online.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'