George R. R. Martin Might Be 'Game of Thrones'' Biggest Fan (Video)
The writer and executive producer quotes his own work in an endearingly awkward promo for the HBO series' latest DVD set.
Of all the rabid, nerdy, charmingly enthusiastic Game of Thrones fans out there, creator George R. R. Martin might be the biggest of them all.
The author behind the A Song of Ice and Fire books, whose hand is all over the HBO adaptation, has proven time and time again that he's enjoying his novels' translation into TV just as much as anyone.
There's the aggressively sexual line of questioning during his Comic Con panel moderation, the fact that he blogs about his show on LiveJournal and now, dismissing any lingering question of his fanboy status, he's reciting lines from the series over a promo for the season two DVDs.
Martin takes the Night's Watch Oath in the new YouTube spot, perhaps outing his favoritism towards Jon Snow (Kit Harington) in the process. And while it's really not that weird, it leaves us hard up for an example of another creator so publicly fond of his franchise.
It's like finding out George Lucas plays clarinet in a Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes cover band.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR