George Takei to Guest Star on 'The Neighbors' (Exclusive)
The sci-fi icon will play Larry Bird’s father on the ABC comedy’s season finale.
George Takei is beaming down to ABC’s The Neighbors.
The comedy’s season finale will see Takei play an alien traveling to Earth with a big announcement, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Star Trek vet will be in familiar territory playing a star traveler, his character being the father of Larry Bird (Simon Templeman) and grandfather to young Reggie (Tim Jo) and Dick (Ian Patrick).
The Neighbors, which centers on members of a New Jersey family who move into a gated community populated by aliens, will wrap its first season in March.
The Neighbors airs Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. on ABC.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR