'Girl Meets World' Casts Cory and Topanga's Son
Teo Halm will play the brother to star Rowan Blanchard in the follow-up to "Boy Meets World," while John Whitesell will direct the pilot.
Talk about a boy meeting the world.
Newcomer Teo Halm has joined the cast of the network's comedy pilot Girl Meets World, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The comedy follow-up, being shepherded by Boy Meets World executive producer Michael Jacobs, centers on Riley Matthews, the daughter of Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel), who reprise their Boy Meets World characters.
As first reported by TV Line, Halm will play Elliott Matthews, the brother of Rowan Blanchard's Riley. The spinoff picks up 13 years after the former ABC comedy ended its run. The potential series will be told from Riley's point of view.
In addition, John Whitesell (Blossom, Cosby, Roseanne) has also been tapped to direct the pilot.
"I’m hoping parents who grew up with the original Boy Meets World will put their children in front of this because they know what we’re going to do," Jacobs said of the follow-up in an in-depth interview with THR. "The world is different today."
Halm is repped by AKA and Untitled.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game