'Girl Meets World' Gets Additional Eight-Episode Order
Star Danielle Fishel announced that the Disney Channel follow-up has been extended beyond its original 13-episode run.
Disney Channel's Girl Meets World hasn't even secured a premiere date yet but the series has already been extended by an additional eight episodes.
Star Danielle Fishel, who reprises her role as Topanga in the spinoff of ABC's Boy Meets World, announced this week that the comedy's 13-episode order has been extended to an additional eight.
"Got the great news tonight that #GirlMeetsWorld was picked up for 8 more episodes - a total of 21! Can't wait for everyone to see them all," she announced this week on Twitter.
Disney Channel picked up Girl Meets World -- centers on Cory and Topanga's young daughter, Riley Matthews -- to series in June. Production began last summer for a premiere in 2014.
Boy Meets World's Ben Savage and Fishel reprise the roles they played from 1993-2000 on ABC, marking a reunion with creator/executive producer Michael Jacobs. Rowan Blanchard stars as Riley, with Sabrina Carpenter playing Riley's best friend. (William Daniels returns as Mr. Feeny in the first episode.)
The New York City-set Girl Meets World will follow seventh-grader Riley and her best friend Maya as they navigate through middle school. Their plans for a carefree year will be adjusted under the watch of Riley's parents Cory, who works as a history teacher at the school, and Topanga, who owns an afterschool hangout known for its pudding.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR