Giuliana Rancic Post Breast-Cancer Surgery: 'I'm Hanging In There'
A month after undergoing a double lumpectomy, the E! News host discussed her recovery and the support she's received from co-anchor Ryan Seacrest.
E! News host Giuliana Rancic announced she had been diagnosed with breast cancer one month ago, undergoing a double lumpectomy the following day, Oct. 18.
Now, the TV personality is speaking out about her recovery process.
"I'm good. I'm hanging in there," she tells Parade magazine. "I have good days and bad days, but so far so good. I'm very optimistic and I'm just happy to have caught it early. I think that's really the most important thing. Early detection means so much. I want women to make sure they're taking care of their health and being proactive."
And, she says her public revelation ended up helping her deal with the diagnosis.
"I really relied on a lot of those messages I was receiving through Twitter and email and through blogs right before the surgery and the week I was recovering," she said, adding, "I know it sounds so cliché, but I think it helped me recover quicker and it got me in better spirits. The word I kept seeing over and over again was 'strong.' 'Be strong, you're strong.' That word has never meant so much to me as it has this past month. I owe that all to the people behind me."
And besides husband Bill Rancic, Giuliana says her E! News co-anchor Ryan Seacrest has been hugely supportive of her recovery. "He's great. I describe our relationships as like a brother-sister relationship. We pick on each other, he probably picks on me much more than I pick on him, but it's like a brother would. We have a great time. "
Giuliana took just one week off after her surgery, returning to work Oct. 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera