Giuliana Rancic Recovering From Double Mastectomy
The E! News anchor's husband, Bill Rancic, says she's "doing really well" after her Tuesday procedure.
Giuliana Rancic is recovering from her second breast cancer procedure in two months after undergoing a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery on Tuesday.
First having a double lumpectomy in October after her initial diagnosis, the E! News host announced last week that the procedure did not get all of her cancer and that she would have both breasts removed.
"G is doing really well," her Bill Rancic told E! News after the successful operation. "Her surgery lasted about four hours and the doctors were very pleased with the result."
The 37-year-old explained her procedure on NBC's Today last week, saying the decision was an easy one. “For me, it was important to get the cancer out," she said. "That's what I wanted to do, just get it out."
Her husband added that she's in good spirits the day after her surgery.
"She had a little bit of pain through the night," said Bill, "but is feeling much better this morning and was cracking jokes."
Rancic plans to return to her E! News job in two weeks after taking some time off to heal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR