A&E Renews 'The Glades' for Fourth Season
The pickup comes after the third season averaged 4.1 million total viewers, up 5 percent year-over-year.
A&E has renewed The Glades for a fourth season.
In its third season, the drama starring Matt Passmore posted gains in total viewers, up 5 percent year-over-year (based on Live+7 figures), serving as a strong lead-in for freshman drama Longmire, which already has been renewed for a second run.
The Sunday pairing helped A&E become ad-supported cable's No. 1 network on the night among total viewers during their summer runs, which ended Aug. 12.
Season four of the Fox Television Studios drama will begin production shortly and launch in 2013, likely paired again with the Robert Taylor-Katee Sackhoff starrer Longmire.
The renewal comes as A&E continues its push into scripted drama, with its newest entry -- Carlton Cuse's Psycho prequel Bates Motel, starring Vera Farmiga -- also slated to premiere next year. The cabler this week also gave a cast-contingent pilot order to a cop drama from Michael Bay.
Kiele Sanchez, Carlos Gomez and Michelle Hurd co-star in The Glades, created and executive produced by Clifton Campbell.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed