'Glee' to Cover 'Call Me Maybe'
New Directions will perform the Carly Rae Jepsen song in the Season 4 premiere, titled "The New Rachel."
That didn't take long.
Glee's New Directions will tackle the song of summer, Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe," The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, New Directions will cover the hit in the Fox musical's Season 4 premiere, which will be titled "The New Rachel." The episode, which kicks off three months after the finale that featured Rachel and company graduating, will see the glee club dealing with their reduced membership. The episode will also feature Adele's "Chasing Pavements."
In a recent interview with THR, co-star Darren Criss eluded to as much, noting that the new season will be featuring some "popular summer songs."
"There will be some songs that feel like this is not a surprise at all," he told THR. "Just do the math, popular summer songs, and then you hear them and you're like oh yeah. This really isn't shocking."
Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" has been covered by everyone from the Harvard baseball team, to the U.S. Olympic swim team, Cookie Monster and the singer sitting in with Jimmy Fallon and the Roots, with scores of mash-ups including one featuring President Obama.
Glee's fourth season returns Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR