'Glee' Courting Ricky Martin for Guest Spot
UPDATED: He'd play a musically inclined Spanish teacher in a January episode of the Fox comedy.
Ricky Martin could go where Gwyneth Paltrow has gone before.
The singer-actor is in talks to guest star on Fox's musical dramedy Glee, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, the former General Hospital star would play a musically inclined Spanish teacher in an episode slated to air in late January. The guest gig would also see Martin headline two big musical numbers.
Martin, who will star as Che in April's Broadway revival of Evita, would join Paltrow (and Idina Menzel) as high-profile guest stars who have played teachers on Glee.
Hours after news surfaced that the show had its eye on the singer-actor, Martin tweeted, "I hear McKinley high has an opening for a Spanish teacher… Maybe I’ll apply."
Paltrow played sub Holly Holliday in three episodes of the series, picking up an Emmy for guest star in a comedy last year.
Broadway vet Menzel, meanwhile, is currently reprising her role as substitute math teacher Shelby.
Glee airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR