'Glee' First Listen: Darren Criss Covers Tears for Fears (Exclusive Audio)
The song will come as Blaine challenges Brittany for student body president on the Thursday's "Makeover" episode of the Fox musical.
Darren Criss wants to rule the
The Glee star will cover Tears for Fears' "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" during Thursday's third episode of the fresh season when his on-screen alter ego throws his hat into the political arena at McKinley High.
Looking to fill up his suddenly endless free time now that boyfriend Kurt (Chris Colfer) has set up shop in New York, Blaine will challenge the incumbent Brittany (Heather Morris) in a race for student body president in which he'll cover the 1986 hit during the episode, titled "Makeover."
"Blaine will be singing 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World,' the great Tears for Fears song which wraps up the student body election in a nice bow. He wants to rule the school and that's his song that articulates that," Criss told The Hollywood Reporter.
Check out the song, exclusive to THR, above, as well as other songs from the episode on gleethemusic.com and watch a clip of the McKinley election showdown, below.
Glee airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Fox. What do you think of Criss cover? Hit the comments with your thoughts.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR