'Glee' Eyes Gloria Estefan to Play Santana's Mother
The singer would join Ricky Martin in the January episode of the Fox hit.
Glee's Santana is in store for some good mother-daughter bonding.
Estefan would play Santana's (Naya Rivera) mother and become the latest member of the Glee parental family to join the cast, appearing in a January episode in which fellow chart-topper Ricky Martin will guest star as McKinley High's Spanish teacher.
The January episode would also likely feature some of Estefan's music.
On Tuesday's "I Kissed a Girl" episode of Glee, Santana came out to her unseen parents, telling her classmates that they were "OK with" her sexual orientation. Her grandmother, however, didn't share the same feeling and disowned the cheerleader who was pushed out of the "flannel closet."
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy told THR in July that he and Brad Falchuk ask Glee fans what they wanted to see on the Fox series and that meeting the characters’ parents continues to be high on their list of demands.
“Across the board, a huge amount of fans want to see parents,” he said. “That’s not to say we’re going to heavily feature them, but I think it’s interesting to see some of them – not all of them.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game