'Glee': 'Friday Night Lights' Good Guy to Romance Mercedes
LaMarcus Tinker books recurring role on the Fox musical dramedy opposite Amber Riley.
LaMarcus Tinker is going from playing a linebacker on DirecTV/NBC’s Friday Night Lights to playing a … linebacker on Fox’s Glee.
Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk noted at Comic-Con last month that Mercedes would indeed have a new love interest.
The actor, who played East Dillon Panther linebacker Dallas Tinker opposite Matt Lauria’s Luke Cafferty on Friday Night Lights, will first appear in the season premiere and joined the rest of the cast to start filming Wednesday. He'll play a member of McKinley High's football team.
Tinker will fill the void in Mercedes’ love life left by the recent departure of Chord Overstreet, who opted not to return to his recurring role on Glee.
Tinker’s credits also included stints on ABC’s Cougar Town.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)