'Glee': 'Friday Night Lights' Good Guy to Romance Mercedes
LaMarcus Tinker books recurring role on the Fox musical dramedy opposite Amber Riley.
LaMarcus Tinker is going from playing a linebacker on DirecTV/NBC’s Friday Night Lights to playing a … linebacker on Fox’s Glee.
Glee co-creator Brad Falchuk noted at Comic-Con last month that Mercedes would indeed have a new love interest.
The actor, who played East Dillon Panther linebacker Dallas Tinker opposite Matt Lauria’s Luke Cafferty on Friday Night Lights, will first appear in the season premiere and joined the rest of the cast to start filming Wednesday. He'll play a member of McKinley High's football team.
Tinker will fill the void in Mercedes’ love life left by the recent departure of Chord Overstreet, who opted not to return to his recurring role on Glee.
Tinker’s credits also included stints on ABC’s Cougar Town.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack