'Glee's' Grant Gustin to Star in Lifetime Movie
Annabeth Gish and Jessica Lowndes round out the cast in "A Mother's Nightmare."
Grant Gustin is going from Fox's Glee to a Lifetime movie.
The actor, who plays bad boy Sebastian on the Fox musical dramedy, has been tapped to star in the Lifetime telefilm A Mother's Nightmare, opposite Annabeth Gish and Jessica Lowndes, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Shelley Gillen penned the pic, which revolves around Chris Stewart (Gustin), a handsome and athletic 16-year-old depressed over his parents' breakup and cheerleader girlfriend's defection. When a new girl, Vanessa (90210's Lowndes) arrives, she works her seductive wiles on Chris, accusing him of assault when he tries to pull back from their relationship. Gish will play his mother.
Larry Gershman and Meyer Shwarzstein executive produce. The film is set to begin production next week in West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. An air date has not yet been determined.
For Gustin, the role marks his latest small-screen credit for the actor, who could potentially end up series regular on the fourth season of Glee.
Gustin is repped by Robert Stein Management and CESD.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR