'Glee': 'Happy Days,' 'Northern Exposure' Stars Get Parental
Don Most and Valerie Mahaffey will guest star as Emma's parents.
Looks like Glee will be introducing more than just the students’ parents.
Don Most and Valerie Mahaffey have been cast to play parents to Jayma Mays’ Emma Pillsbury, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TVGuide.com, the duo will appear in the third episode of the Fox hit’s upcoming third season, slated to air Oct. 4.
Most is best known for having played funnyman Ralph Malph on Happy Days from 1974 to 1983. His credits also include episodes of Men of a Certain Age and Yes, Dear.
Mahaffey picked up an Emmy for her supporting role as Eve on CBS’ Northern Exposure. Her credits also include United States of Tara and Raising Hope.
This marks the second set of parents heading to Glee. Law & Order: LA’s Tamlyn Tomita and Southland’s Keong Sim were cast this week as Mike Chang’s (Harry Shumm Jr.) parents.
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy told THR in July that he and co-creator Brad Falchuk ask Glee fans what they wanted to see and that meeting the characters’ parents continues high on their list of demands.
“Across the board, a huge amount of fans want to see parents,” he said. “That’s not to say we’re going to heavily feature them, but I think it’s interesting to see some of them – not all of them.”
Glee’s third season premieres Tuesday, Sept. 20 on Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR