10:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
'Glee': 5 Things to Know About 'I Kissed a Girl' (Videos)
Fox's Glee returns Tuesday night with "I Kissed a Girl," an episode should move several story lines forward -- Santana and Finn will recover from the slap heard 'round the world and there will be a lot of female-skewing music.
Here are five things to know going into Tuesday's episode.
1. It's a big episode for Naya Rivera as both New Directions and the Trouble Tones unite to support Santana during her coming out process. Finn, whose verbal lashing helped lead to Santana's forced outing during the "Mash-Off" episode, winds up blackmailing Santana to come back to New Directions, and in a sweet gesture, suggests the Super Team glee club sing a week's worth of music created "by ladies, and for ladies" to help her cope with coming out.
2. "By ladies, and for ladies" means a lot of what you'd expect: Lesbian anthems from Melissa Etheridge ("I'm the Only One") and k.d. lang ("Constant Craving") -- and Finn singing a stripped down version of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun."
3. Yes, there's Katy Perry. Rivera and Lea Michele's Rachel lead the girls from the Trouble Tones and New Directions in a cover of Perry's "I Kissed a Girl." Be sure to catch the look on new kid Rory's (Damian McGinty) face during the track likely to be at the top of everyone's iTunes download lists following the episode.
4. The Shelby-Puck-Quinn triangle heats up. Mark Salling told THR that Tuesday's installment is a "very pivotal episode and a lot of questions about the Puck-Quinn-Shelby triangle are going to be answered." Let's hope it explains what Puck tells Quinn when the two are cuddled up in bed together in the promo below.
5. The race for student body president heats up. A winner will be elected, a cheater will be caught, well, cheating and there will be singing. And speaking of facing off, Coaches Beiste (Dot Marie Jones) and Sylvester (Jane Lynch) will battle it out -- over the affections of a football scout. Jones will also perform her first solo, covering Dolly Parton's "Jolene."
What are you most looking forward to seeing play out on Tuesday's Glee?