'Glee': Let the Parental Castings Begin
Duo join Season 3 as parents to Harry Shum Jr.’s Mike Chang.
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy is making good on his vow to bring in the parents of some of McKinley High’s favorite singers.
Tamlyn Tomita (Law & Order: LA) and Keong Sim (Southland) will join Season 3 of the Fox hit, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by EW, the duo will play Mr. and Mrs. Chang, parents to Harry Shum Jr.’s Mike Chang, and appear in the third episode of the season, set for Oct. 4.
Murphy told THR in July that he and co-creator Brad Falchuk ask Glee fans what they wanted to see and that meeting the characters’ parents continues high on their list of demands.
“Across the board, a huge amount of fans want to see parents,” he said. “That’s not to say we’re going to heavily feature them, but I think it’s interesting to see some of them – not all of them.”
Shum’s Mike will be among the seniors graduating during Season 3, with executive producers noting that much of the upcoming season’s story lines will see students pondering their post-high school plans.
Tomita's credits include The Protector and The Day After Tomorrow. Sim's credits include The Last Airbender and episodes of The Protector and The Forgotten
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR