'Glee': Rapper Pitbull In Talks to Play Santana's Brother
The Fox series has also begun the casting process for Rachel's gay dads.
Santana Lopez's (Naya Rivera) family is growing bigger by the day.
Rapper Pitbull is in talks to play the newly out lesbian cheerleader's older brother, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
In addition, casting has begun for Rachel's (Lea Michele) often-mentioned gay dads, as first reported by EW.
Pitbull, best known for singles "Krazy" and "I Know You Want Me," would appear in the same episode as Santana's newly cast mother, Gloria Estefan. The January episode, which was to also feature Ricky Martin as a musically inclined Spanish teacher, will no longer feature the former General Hospital star to likely make room for a larger Santana-focused story line.
Martin's episode will now run in late January.
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy told THR in June that he was "really interested in seeing Rachel's gay dads," and that maybe Season 3 would be "the time to do it."
"I have ideas," he said of who he'd like to see step into the roles.
Meanwhile, Glee star Matthew Morrison told THR in February that his suggestions included Nathan Lane and Danny DeVito for the roles, with Darren Criss going a step further and suggesting Christopher Walken to play a cast member's grandfather.
Who would you like to see play Rachel's gay dads? Are you excited about seeing more of Santana's family?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR