'Glee' Recap: Seven Big Reveals From 'Sadie Hawkins'
A big step for Rachel, a new love for Tina and a hot date for Kurt highlight the Fox musical's winter premiere.
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from Thursday's "Sadie Hawkins" episode of Glee.]
Fox's Glee returned from its winter hiatus Thursday with a rousing Sadie Hawkins dance/female empowerment-themed episode where Blaine and Tina's new friendship blossomed while Rachel and Kurt moved forward in New York.
Here are the seven highlights from the episode, which included rousing covers of TLC's "No Scrubs," Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" and "Tell Him" by the Exciters, among others.
1. Sam thinks the Warblers cheated at Sectionals. In the middle of the Sadie Hawkins dance, Sam discovers the all-male group are using steroids to improve their performance. They find a rule that will disqualify the Warblers from the competition and return New Directions to being Sectionals champs. Turns out Blaine's old friend from the Warblers is willing to turn over on his colleagues and admits that the entire group injected testosterone.
2. Kurt starts at NYADA. There, he discovers the so-called social lepers known as Adam's Apples, NYADA's show choir. Rachel tries to dissuade Kurt from joining out of fear it will hurt his career in the long-term, but then he meets Adam, who has charm for days and is wooing Kurt to join. After rejecting his invitation to join, Adam seems to be everywhere Kurt is, with the NYADA newbie very intrigued by the talented cutie -- but he can't tell if Adam feels the same romantic sparks. In the end, Kurt asks Adam out and the duo set a date.
3. Rachel goes there with Brody. After a late date with Brody, Rachel apparently opts to spend the night with him. Turns out the female empowerment at McKinley seeped into New York, where Rachel seems to be attached at the hip to Brody. After he shows up 45 minutes late for dinner, Brody sweet talks his way out of a fight with Rachel. At the end of the episode, Rachel invites Brody to move in with her. (And without talking it over with Kurt, a big roommate no-no.)
4. Tina has the hots for Blaine. Tina picks Blaine to sing to -- and ask to the dance. Turns out she's had a crush on Kurt's ex for some time, much to the shock of the rest of New Directions (and Blaine). He ultimately turns her down because he has a crush -- on Sam. After confiding in her about it, Blaine agrees to go to the dance with Tina -- as friends. That relationship, however, is tested when just as the duo were about to share a very interesting moment, Sam interrupts with news on the Warblers cheating fiasco. At the end of the episode, however, Tina confesses that she thinks she may have found the love of her life in Blaine. Really.
5. Marley and Jake make it official. Brittany helps Marley find her power with Jake. The two, with backing from the New Directions ladies cover "Tell Him" by the Exciters. It works and she asks Jake to the Sadie Hawkins dance. Brittany, meanwhile, asks Sam, who accepts with a great Yoda impersonation. At the dance, Marley asks Jake for a commitment -- because she doesn't want him to hurt her. He happily commits to her. Speaking of Brittany and Marley, we're not going to lie -- we love this pairing. More please.
6. Puck and Kitty are happening. After Kitty throws herself at Jake, he turns to big-brother Puck for advice, who encourages him to resist her insanity and vows to help make his Kitty problem go away. Instead, Puck accepts the Sadie Hawkins invite from Kitty. As it turns out, Kitty sees promise in Puck after having read his screenplay and the two head to the parking lot for a steamy hook-up.
7. New (and old) couples unite. At the dance, Sugar and Artie, as well as Lauren and Joe, connect -- after the all-knowing Coach Bieste encourages the wallflowers to get out there and seize the day and two potential new couples are born (or reborn in Sugar and Artie's case).
What did you think of "Sadie Hawkins"? Which song was your favorite? Hit the comments with your thoughts. Glee airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR