'Glee' Guest Star Ricky Martin Tweets First Photo From Set
"I've known Ricky since I'm 8 years old! He was in Les Mis on Broadway with me in 1996!," cast member Lea Michele wrote on Twitter.
Filming has begun for singer Ricky Martin's guest spot on Glee.
On Thursday evening, the 40-year-old tweeted a photo of himself with the cast, including Lea Michele, Vanessa Lengies, Naya Rivera, Chris Colfer, Kevin McHale, Matthew Morrison, Mark Salling, Cory Monteith, Damian McGinty and Harry Shum Jr., with the message: "First day!! :o)"
Michele, who has worked with Martin before in a production of Les Miserables when she was younger, was genuinely excited to have Martin on-set. "I've known Ricky since I'm 8 years old! He was in Les Mis on Broadway with me in 1996!," Michele shared with her 1.4 million followers. "Crazy huh?!"
Later on, she shared another photo with Martin, calling him "a great fit for our show."
On Glee, Martin plays a musically-inclined Spanish teacher in an upcoming episode of the Fox juggernaut. The gig would see Martin headline two big musical numbers. Shortly after news surfaced that he may be appearing on the hourlong series, Martin tweeted, "I hear McKinley high has an opening for a Spanish teacher...Maybe I'll apply."
Martin will star as Che in April's Broadway revival of Evita.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR