'Glee' Season 4 Finale: The 10 Biggest Reveals
Sue's celebrity baby daddy is identified, with Brittany as well as Will and Emma all making big changes.
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from Glee's season four finale, "All Or Nothing."]
Fox closed out the fourth season of Glee on Thursday with an hour that delivered on its "All or Nothing" title, wrapping up story lines including Brittany's future at McKinley, Ryder's Catfishing and what would happen to New Directions against Idol's Jessica Sanchez at Regionals along with several surprises through the hour.
Here are the big reveals from the hour.
1. Brittany is (kind of, not really, but maybe) a genius! After MIT calls Brittany (Heather Morris) in for testing again and while she bombs it, the series of numbers she drew on it (in crayon) -- the "Brittany Code" -- makes her a genius no matter how they look at it. The feedback sends Brittany on a big ego spiral.
2. Brittany quits! High on her MIT trip, Brittany dumps Sam (Chord Overstreet), noting she misses her "sweet lady kisses." Brittana fans everywhere break the Internet. Not to be outdone, she also quits the Cheerios.
3. Catfish -- exposed! Ryder (Blake Jenner) holds out performing at Regionals until his Catfish is exposed. After Marley (Melissa Benoist) reveals herself to be the Catfish, Unique (Alex Newell) -- who says it started off innocently -- fesses up to being behind "Katie." "You don't know how long it's been since I felt this close to someone without all of this getting in the way," he tells Marley, later telling Ryder that "I reached out to you because I liked you. … All the stories, all the jokes, the connection we had, that was all me, it was all real," Unique tells Ryder, the latter of whom vows to leave New Directions after Regionals.
4. Sue's (Jane Lynch) baby daddy revealed! It's Michael Bolton -- and he's listed (in a way) on her birth certificate. The one to figure it out? Brittany, naturally.
5. Brittany says farewell. Brittany reveals that she was admitted early -- i.e. immediately -- to MIT and was acting out because she felt overwhelmed. "People have always told me that I was stupid and after a while, I started to believe them. It wasn't until I walked in this room and joined this club that I really started believing in myself. As soon as I started believing that I was smart after all, the whole world did, too. I'm really going to miss you guys," she says through tears. The hardest part to swallow comes at the end of the episode when Brittany and Santana (Naya Rivera) walk off into the sunset together.
6. Proposals! Jan (Patty Duke) and Liz (Meredith Baxter) get engaged during their date with Blaine (Darren Criss) and Kurt (Chris Colfer). It's a surprise for Blaine as he was prepping a proposal for Kurt.
7. Rachel's future: After Rachel's (Lea Michele) emotional call-back for Fanny Brice in Funny Girl, it's an epic cliffhanger to see if the diva destined for Broadway's dreams will really come true.
8. Regionals results: Anchored by Marley's original song "All or Nothing," New Directions overpowers the competition (including an amazing set from Sanchez). It's a fitting ending for the show about the underdog school choir who endured setback after setback all season long. They're headed to Nationals in Los Angeles!
9. Surprise wedding! Emma (Jayma Mays) surprises Will (Matthew Morrison) and it's a low-pressure surprise wedding in the choir room for the recently reunited couple.
10. Surprise (non!)-proposal: As Will and Emma seal their vows with a kiss, the camera pans back to reveal Blaine holding a ring box as he looks longingly at his love, Kurt. Aw, there's always season five, Blaine!
What did you think of Glee's fourth season finale? Hit the comments below with your thoughts.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR