'Glee' Preview: Who Breaks Up in the Season 4 Premiere?
THR has screened the fourth season premiere, titled "The New Rachel," and has seven teasers ahead of next week's episode.
There are a lot of changes in store when Glee returns for its fourth season next week.
Rachel (Lea Michele) is no longer the top dog now that she's at NYADA, New Directions are winners and really know it and there are several fresh faces joining the Fox musical series.
The Hollywood Reporter has screened the season premiere, titled "The New Rachel," and has seven teasers from the episode.
1. Rachel's first day in Dance 101 with Cassandra July (Kate Hudson) gets off to a rocky start. How rocky? Someone tells her point blank that she sucks. Pouring salt in an open wound, she still hasn't heard from Finn. Enter Brody (Dean Geyer), her thus far lone cheerleader who helps her find the guts she's always had.
2. The New Directions gang are popular now that they're National Champs, complete with assistants, autograph seekers and more. And there's a battle over who will be the new Rachel between Brittany (Heather Morris), Blaine (Darren Criss), Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) and Sam (Chord Overstreet) that includes the newest member of New Directions: Wade "Unique" Adams. How it's determined will include a certain song of summer. The judge? Here's a hint: He's a former director.
3. The premiere reveals that one major couple will have broken up. Another couple is still together thanks to Skype and a third is experiencing growing pains. Someone says, "I still love him and we're still friends." Who's your guess?
4. Prepare to fall in love with Marley Rose (Melissa Benoist), a humble McKinley student that has a vibe of Season 1 Rachel Berry. The best part: She has a famlily member that's nearly as awesome as Kurt's dad, Burt. Also destined to be a fan favorite: Jake Puckerman (Jacob Artist) -- who catches the eye of a few members of New Directions despite coming complete with his sibling's attitude.
5. Sue's (Jane Lynch) daughter has arrived, and she's named after a member of the Bee Gees. The Cheerios coach also has a new Quinn -- who's nearly as snarky as Sue is -- to help her who isn't Becky. Guesses?
6. Kurt (Chris Colfer) gets a fitting send off from two very important people as he heads to the East Coast.
7. Rest assured: The first song that represents McKinley and NYADA story lines features Marley and Rachel and works well with both. It'll be the one you turn to iTunes immediately for.
Glee's fourth season returns at 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, on Fox. Hit the comments with what you're looking forward to seeing.
What's Hot in TV
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR