'Glee' Season 4 Spoilers: Who's Coming Back, Breaking Up and Getting a New Partner?
Co-creator Ryan Murphy teases a glee club reunion, Thanksgiving time for Puck, Quinn and Rachel and more Season 4 spoilers.
When Ryan Murphy tweets, he seems to make everyone happy. The Glee showrunner went on a spree Friday, answering questions from inquisitive fans who pull for specific couples (aka "shippers") and offering slew of details for the Fox musical's upcoming fourth season.
Who will get a girlfriend this season? Who's spending Thanksgiving together? And what Glee couple will get their fair amount of PDA time? Here are 10 things to look forward to from Glee's fourth season.
1. Finchel fans, rest easy: the couple aren't totally donezo. Asked if Rachel (Lea Michele) and Finn (Cory Monteith) will be doing any lip locking in Season 4, Murphy confirmed the couple who parted ways in the finale would with a firm reply: "Absolutely." But could the PDA be a flash-forward? Murphy confirmed that the series will show Finn and Rachel "in the future," and that "absence makes the heart grow fonder," offering a warning to new series regular Dean Geyer, who plays Rachel's new love interest: "#stayawaybrody!" The boot camp-bound Finn, meanwhile, will not only figure out what his dream is, but he'll follow it this season. Murphy said, calling the character's journey "exciting."
2. Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana (Naya Rivera) fans, rest easy -- Murphy hears your pleas for equal screen (and smooch) time, tweeting that in an upcoming episode the lesbian couple will have an "equal amount" of PDA as Finn and Rachel.
3. While it appears that Blaine (Darren Criss) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) won't be in the same ZIP code for very long, that doesn't mean that the couple won't still sing sweet music. Murphy confirmed with a swift "yes" that the couple will still have their share of duets in Season 4. The prolific showrunner also noted he believes in "happy endings," after being asked if Kurt and Blaine could get married. Also apparently now on the table: a re-enactment of The Notebook kissing in the rain scene between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams -- but between Kurt and Blaine. "I had never thought of doing this, but now I just might," he said, furthering the discussion by asking who would play Gosling's part.
4. Artie (Kevin McHale) will get a girlfriend this season. Who it will be will "surprise you," Murphy tweeted before offering a cryptic hashtag: #boyinchairneedsalady. Anyone else see a match between Artie and The Glee Project finalist Ali?
5. Don't hold out hope for Sam (Chord Overstreet) and Mercedes (Amber Riley) rekindling their romance, even after Trouty Mouth uploaded a video to YouTube that ultimately landed her a deal to move to L.A. and officially embark on her career as a diva. "They will always be friends," Murphy tweeted. Meanwhile, Murphy seems open to building a budding friendship between New Directions anchors Sam and Blaine, calling it a "brilliant" idea.
6. Murphy teased that there would indeed be a break-up in Season 4. Will it be Kurt and Blaine? Mike (Harry Shum Jr.) and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz)? Will (Matthew Morrison) and Emma (Jayma Mays) (gasp!)? Our vote is on the former, a happy couple tends to be a boring couple on TV! We're pulling for Coach Shannon Bieste (Emmy nominee Dot-Marie Jones) to split from her abusive hubby, Cooter.
7. For fans who 'ship Rachel and Quinn (Dianna Agron), Murphy also teased that the enemies-turned-pals will share some quality time around the holidays. "Thanksgiving episodes = Faberry heaven," he tweeted. Also poised to join for turkey time? Puck (Mark Salling)! "Quinn and Puck will always be friends and spend all Thanksgivings together," he confirmed.
8. Will and Emma don't appear to be on the fast track to expand their family. After a fan asked if they'd be having a baby, Murphy slowed things down, noting, "Let's get them married first."
9. Glee won't wait long for a New Directions reunion, with Murphy teasing to "wait til episode 4. Your head will explode" when asked if the gang would get back together at some point.
10. The Warblers -- and Sebastian (Grant Gustin) will indeed be back. Call the dry cleaners and get those blazers pressed, Gleeks!
What's Hot in TV
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow the Feed
Social & Mobile
- Guess Which Rock Star Made This Painting
- Reggie Cameron: Making of 'Guess What?' With Cazwell and Luciana (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- Gordy Grundy: Passion and Fearlessness Take Center Stage As Viggo Mortensen Receives The Dennis Hopper Award At The AMFM Fest
- Dave Tomar: Why Sweet Brown Is Better Than Chris Brown