August 29, 2012 7:11pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
'Glee': Meet Brittany's New Rival, Rachel's Potential Boy-Toy (Video)
When Glee's fourth season returns in two weeks, two locations and a lot of fresh faces joining the Fox musical.
Among them, a new (hunky) love interest for Lea Michele's Rachel in Dean Geyer's Brody, who joins the New York-based portion of the dual-location story, and three newbies at McKinley High back in Ohio.
Here are five things to know about the new additions as previewed in the new season four teaser.
1. Rachel first meets Geyer's Brody Weston a junior in the bathroom -- walking in on him showering with the NYADA upperclassmen walking out naked. "He's the only guy that Finn has really had to compete with for Rachel," Michele offers in the clip.
2. Meet Melissa Benoist's Marley Rose, a brand new student at McKinley who seems to instantly mesh with New Directions.
3. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree for Jake Puckerman (Jacob Artist), the younger half brother to Mark Salling's bad boy. "He definitely has a little bit of an attitude problem," Artist offers. "I think some things in the past have put these guards up for him and we'll see if it hinders him from getting into the glee club or not." We have a hunch that they won't if that acoustic guitar over his shoulder is any indication.
4. Watch out, Brittany (Heather Morris)! Becca Tobin's Kitty -- a new member of McKinley's Cheerios -- is described as being "pretty ruthless" and she's out to get the clueless but lovable Brittany and bump her out of her position as head cheerleader.
5. Rachel is all alone in the big city and is a "little fish in a big city," struggling with a "tumultuous" relationship with her dance instructor, Cassandra (Kate Hudson). "She's pretty nasty, she's pretty tough on her students," Hudson warns, noting that her character wonders what the Ohio transplant is doing at NYADA. As for her ruthless approach to Ms. Berry? She's not so much as "picking" on the McKinley prom queen as she is "motivating" her. "This character actually has some depth," Hudson teases.
Check out the video below.
What do you think of the newbies? Hit the comments with your thoughts. Glee's fourth season returns at 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, on Fox.