'Glee' Sets 'Spring Awakening' Reunion, Casts Phoebe Strole
She'll reunite with former co-star Lea Michele and recur on the upcoming fifth season of the Fox musical.
Glee is staging another Spring Awakening reunion.
Actress Phoebe Strole has boarded the Fox musical's fifth season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actress, who played Anna in the original Broadway cast alongside Jonathan Groff and Lea Michele, has boarded the dramedy from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk in a recurring role as Penny Owen, a college sophomore who wants to get into nursing school. The character will ultimately become a love interest for Chord Overstreet's Sam.
This marks the latest Spring Awakening alum to join Glee, following Groff, who recurred as a love interest for Michele's Rachel and eventual foe to New Directions.
Strole, whose credits also include Rescue Me, 30 Rock and Mercy, is repped by APA and Principal Entertainment in New York.
Michele took to Twitter to celebrate Strole's casting. "Such amazing news that two of my very best friends are going to be on #Glee this year! @ddlovato & @PhoebeStrole! Thank you @MrRPMurphy!" she wrote.
Glee returns Sept. 26 with the first of a two-part Beatles episode followed by the show's tribute to late star Cory Monteith.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws