'Glee': 'White Collar's' Matt Bomer To Guest Star as Darren Criss' Brother
The actor, who was recently cast in Ryan Murphy's feature "The Normal Heart," is in talks to play Blaine's older sibling in an April episode.
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy has booked White Collar's Matt Bomer for not one but two of his projects.
The star of the USA Network drama is near a deal to guest star in an April episode of the Fox musical series as Blaine's (Darren Criss) older brother, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, Bomer would appear in an April episode and share a song with his on-screen sibling.
The casting comes a week after THR exclusively reported that Bomer would join an all-star cast in Murphy's next feature, the big-screen adaptation of the Tony-winning drama The Normal Heart.
Bomer’s will play Felix Turner, a gay fashion journalist who becomes the boyfriend to Mark Ruffallo's Ned Weeks and is diagnosed with HIV. Bomer will be stepping into the shoes that won The Big C's John Benjamin Hickey his Tony.
The Glee casting marks the latest in a long string of high-profile guest starts this season, many of whom are playing family members to the show's core cast. Jeff Goldblum and Brian Stokes Mitchell were cast last week to play Rachel's (Lea Michele) gay dads, while Gloria Estefan has been tapped to play the mother to Naya Rivera's Santana.
Glee airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Fox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram