'Glee': Watch Amber Riley Cover Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' (Video)
In a strange twist of fate, the Fox series had planned to feature the Dolly Parton song in Tuesday's Valentine's Day episode.
Fox's Glee dedicated Tuesday's Valentine's Day episode to the late Whitney Houston when, through an odd coincidence, the hour featured a cover of one of the late pop icon's biggest hits in "I Will Always Love You."
Originally written and performed by Parton with Houston taking on the track for 1992's feature The Bodyguard, Glee's Amber Riley (Mercedes) covered the song in an already emotional scene where her character opted to be single rather than choose between her current boyfriend Shane and her ex, Sam.
Producers opted to update the hour, which was delivered to the network Friday -- the day before Houston's death -- and feature a dedication to the singer-actress in a title card that came at the end of the episode. The card read, "Whitney Houston 1963-2012. We will always love you."
Houston died Saturday. She was 48. Watch the full performance below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR