'Glee's' Darren Criss and Chord Overstreet Cover Billy Joel (Exclusive Audio)
In an homage to the Piano Man, the Fox musical will cover seven songs from the rocker's catalog.
Fox's Glee will turn its lens on Billy Joel as the series takes on its latest tribute episode.
During the hour fittingly titled "Movin' Out," New Directions will honor the Piano Man when the seniors begin to make plans for their future as graduation inches closer.
The episode will feature seven songs from Joel's catalog, including 1977's "Movin' Out," which focuses on the singer's disdain for bourgeois aspirations of working yourself to death in order to make it. Darren Criss' Blaine and Chord Overstreet's Sam will perform the cover.
Other tracks set for the Glee hour include "Piano Man" (Criss), "My Life" (Jacob Artist's Jake), "Honesty" (Kevin McHale's Artie), "An Innocent Man" (Blake Jenner's Ryder), "Just the Way You Are" (Criss, Chris Colfer's Kurt, Lea Michele's Rachel, Overstreet and Naya Rivera's Santana) and "You May Be Right" (New Directions).
"Movin' Out," has been covered multiple times, including by American Idol's David Cook and Phillip Phillips, the former having performed it during his 2011 tour. The song was the inspiration for Broadway's 2002 Joel dance musical Movin' Out, which ran for more than 1,300 performances before closing in 2005.
Check out THR's exclusive first listen of "Movin' Out" and watch a preview for the episode, both below.
Glee airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR