'Go On': Ryan Has Trouble Taking Off His Wedding Ring (Exclusive Video)
In a scene from next Tuesday's episode, exclusive to THR, Ryan has to prove he's fully invested in his relationship with Simone.
Who said moving on was easy?
Sure, sportscaster Ryan King (Matthew Perry) is in his first successful relationship since his wife Janie (Christine Woods) died, but as next week's Go On shows, he still has a way to go. Before he and Simone (Piper Perabo) can take the next step, she interrogates him about his wedding ring.
"That doesn't mean I'm still tethered to that relationship," Ryan pleads in a scene exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, before Simone points out a framed photo of him and his wife with their cat. The bigger problem isn't his inability to take off his ring, but rather: What happened to their cat?!
So while Simone is perturbed by the fact that she can't buy a novelty license plate with her name on it (a very legitimate worry), Ryan realizes the only way to prove he's fully invested in their relationship -- as he says -- is to, you guessed it, take off his ring. Can he do it?
(Perry also reunites with Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip cohort Bradley Whitford, who plays Hughie, one of Ryan's middle-aged bachelor friends.)
Go On airs at 9 p.m. Tuesdays on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR