'The Goldbergs,' 'Trophy Wife' Earn Additional Script Orders
ABC has ordered three additional scripts for the Tuesday comedies.
ABC is expressing confidence in its Tuesday-evening comedy lineup.
The network has picked up three additional scripts for freshman comedies The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The comedies air as part of ABC's all-new Tuesday lineup, which starts with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Goldbergs, a 1980s-set, semi-autobiographical comedy from Adam F. Goldberg, had the benefit of a monster bow from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and topped its Sept. 24 competition at 9 p.m. with a 3.2 rating among adults 18-49, ranking as ABC's best comedy launch in more than a year.
Family comedy Trophy Wife, meanwhile, drew a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 in its Tuesday spot at 9:30 p.m.
Both series have slipped in subsequent weeks as S.H.I.E.L.D. has softened in recent weeks.
The ABC comedies join Fox's Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as The CW's Reign, Tomorrow People and The Originals as having received additional scripts this season. S.H.I.E.L.D., meanwhile, ranks as the only ABC show that was given a full-season order. Fellow freshman drama Lucky 7 was the season's first cancellation, getting the ax after two episodes on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game