'The Goldbergs,' 'Trophy Wife' Earn Additional Script Orders
ABC has ordered three additional scripts for the Tuesday comedies.
ABC is expressing confidence in its Tuesday-evening comedy lineup.
The network has picked up three additional scripts for freshman comedies The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The comedies air as part of ABC's all-new Tuesday lineup, which starts with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Goldbergs, a 1980s-set, semi-autobiographical comedy from Adam F. Goldberg, had the benefit of a monster bow from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and topped its Sept. 24 competition at 9 p.m. with a 3.2 rating among adults 18-49, ranking as ABC's best comedy launch in more than a year.
Family comedy Trophy Wife, meanwhile, drew a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 in its Tuesday spot at 9:30 p.m.
Both series have slipped in subsequent weeks as S.H.I.E.L.D. has softened in recent weeks.
The ABC comedies join Fox's Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine as well as The CW's Reign, Tomorrow People and The Originals as having received additional scripts this season. S.H.I.E.L.D., meanwhile, ranks as the only ABC show that was given a full-season order. Fellow freshman drama Lucky 7 was the season's first cancellation, getting the ax after two episodes on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed