Golden Globes: Tina Fey Congratulates Amy Poehler With Taylor Swift's Jab
While commending her co-host on her win, Fey jokingly mentioned the musician's comment in response to last year's ill-received awards show quip.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler made plenty of jabs of Hollywood's A-list while hosting the Golden Globes on Sunday night -- among them Matt Damon, George Clooney and Tom Hanks (or "Tam Honks," as they called him during their opening monologue) -- but one targeted joke was especially saved for a particularly celebratory moment.
After Poehler won the award for best actress in a TV comedy series for Parks and Recreation, Fey put her arms around her co-host and said, "I just want to say congratulations again to my friend, Amy Poehler! I love you, and there's a special place in hell for you."
The comment was made in reference to last year's hosting gig, when Fey joked that that Taylor Swift should stop dating so much (and so publicly) and "stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son," suggesting that she could use “some 'me time' to learn about herself." The musician didn't take the comment lightly, responding by telling Vanity Fair a quote she heard from Katie Couric: "'There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.'"
Fey later noted that she didn't expect Swift's negative response to the quip. "I did not see that one coming. It was a joke, and it was a lighthearted joke. And it's a shame that she didn't take it in the crazy-aunt spirit in which it was intended."
Poehler, who is active in women's causes -- including a Smart Girls YouTube channel dedicated to empowering younger girls -- said, "Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff."
Swift attended the Golden Globes to support "Sweeter Than Fiction," the nominated original song from the upcoming film, One Chance. She has yet to respond to Fey's latest lighthearted jab.
What did you think of Fey's congratulatory comment? Sound off in the comments below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws