'Good Morning America' Lands Exclusive Amanda Knox Interview
UPDATED: The ABC show will speak to the U.S. student following Thursday's murder conviction, adding her to a star-studded lineup that also includes guest host Tim Tebow.
Amanda Knox will appear on Friday morning's Good Morning America, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. In the exclusive interview, Knox will talk to host Robin Roberts, according to a tweet sent out by GMA.
On Thursday, an Italian appeals court reinstated Knox's conviction for the 2007 murder of her British roommate. The U.S. student, who published a memoir last year, was sentenced to 28 1/2 years in prison along with her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.
The guilty verdict, first handed down in 2009, had been overturned in 2011 and the pair was freed from prison. But Italy's superior court vacated that decision and sent the case back for a third trial in Florence.
Last spring, Knox conducted a series of TV interviews, including one with ABC News' Diane Sawyer, while promoting her memoir Waiting to Be Heard.
Lifetime aired a TV movie about Knox, Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy, in 2011 starring Hayden Panettiere.
Earlier in the week, THR reported that ESPN analyst and former Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow would guest-host Friday's GMA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR