'Good Morning America' Reclaims Ratings Advantage Over Post-Olympics 'Today'
Likely seeing a bit of a boost from Wednesday's hyped appearance by actor Robert Pattinson, the ABC series earns victories in both total viewers and the demo just three days after its competitor returns from London.
Today did not return from London with its record ratings.
The NBC morning show, which delivered huge gains and audiences as high as 6 million during its Olympic coverage, lost its advantage among total viewers and the coveted adults 25-54 just three broadcasts after heading back to its New York studio.
Overnight numbers for Wednesday have Good Morning America besting Today in both categories, posting advantages of 517,000 with the audience (4.52 million over 4 million) and 178,000 in the key demographic (1.86 million over 1.68 million).
This win comes on the heels of July's first demo victory for GMA in 17 years and just a day after the ABC broadcast reclaimed the total viewers crown that had been out of its reach for the two weeks Today hosted NBC's exclusive Olympic coverage.
On Monday, Today maintained its advantages, topping GMA by 338,000 in total viewers and 156,000 in adults 25-54. Tuesday saw GMA top Today by 186,000 total viewers, coming in just 97,000 shy in the demo.
GMA, which has co-host Robin Roberts on vacation this week, likely benefited from Wednesday's highly publicized sit-down between George Stephanopoulos and Robert Pattinson. The actor has made few media appearances since his Twilight co-star and girlfriend Kristen Stewart admitted to having an affair with her Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game