'The Good Wife' Snags Stockard Channing as Alicia's Mom
The stage and screen veteran will appear in at least one episode of the CBS drama.
Stockard Channing is joining season four of The Good Wife.
The Broadway, TV and film veteran is set to guest star in at least one episode of the CBS legal drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Channing will play Alicia Florrick's (Julianna Margulies) mother, described as mercurial and heavily influenced by the 1960s' counterculture era.
Channing, whose last significant television role was as First Lady Abbey Bartlett on The West Wing, counts 1978's Grease, 1980 TV series The Stockard Channing Show and 1993's Six Degrees of Separation, for which she was nominated for an Oscar, as notable credits.
The list for guest stars for The Good Wife has grown longer and longer. Channing joins the likes of Kristen Chenoweth, Nathan Lane, Maura Tierney, Marc Warren, Amanda Peet, Christina Ricci and Miriam Shor in the new season. Political TV host Bill Maher will also appear as himself.
Entertainment Weekly first reported the news.
The Good Wife kicks off season four Sunday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR