ABC News Posts Solid Ratings for New Hampshire's GOP Presidential Debate
Up against playoff football on NBC, the second televised special hosted by George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer averaged 6.3 million viewers.
ABC News hosted another Republican presidential debate on Saturday evening, drawing good ratings against competition from NBC's playoff football offerings.
The Your Voice, Your Vote special in New Hampshire, hosted by George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer, attracted 6.3 million total viewers from 9-11 p.m. ET/6-8 p.m. PT. That's the third-highest viewership number behind ABC News' December special from Des Moines, Iowa, which averaged 7.6 million viewers, and Fox News Channel's telecast that same month, which lured 6.7 million.
Among adults 18-49, Saturday's debate topped Fox News' Dec. 15 telecast (1.4 million vs. 1.3 million). Thus far, ABC has the two highest-rated debates of the campaign season in the key demo. To note, the debate averaged 1.7 million among adults 25-54, the core news demo; that mark is roughly tied for third with Fox News' September debate among all cable/broadcast televised specials so far.
Participants included presidential hopefuls Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich. The candidates also took part in a Meet the Press debate Sunday morning.
ABC News, Yahoo News and WMUR-TV teamed up to host the presidential debate, which took place four days after the Iowa caucuses -- of which Romney was the victor. The debate took place at Saint Anelm College and was also streamed on ABCNews.com and Yahoo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game