Jon Stewart Calls GOP Presidential Contest 'American Idol' in Reverse
The "Daily Show" host mocks the number of candidates as NJ Governor Chris Christie is called on to become the newest entrant.
Is the GOP presidential hopeful field like a bizarre form of American Idol in reverse?
Jon Stewart thinks so and he demonstrated it Monday night on The Daily Show, complete with an "embarrassing audition" clip of New Jersey governor Chris Christie mangling a cover of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run.
As the candidates keep piling into the race (constituents are now calling for Christie to join), Stewart wondered what exactly the ideal Republican candidate would look like, as voters seem to take issue with every person currently running for the presidency.
"The Republican base's ideal candidate seems to be a rare, super-heavy element that could only exist in a particular particle accelerator for a fraction of a second," Stewart said.
Full video of the segment below.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR