Jon Stewart Calls GOP Presidential Contest 'American Idol' in Reverse
The "Daily Show" host mocks the number of candidates as NJ Governor Chris Christie is called on to become the newest entrant.
Is the GOP presidential hopeful field like a bizarre form of American Idol in reverse?
Jon Stewart thinks so and he demonstrated it Monday night on The Daily Show, complete with an "embarrassing audition" clip of New Jersey governor Chris Christie mangling a cover of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run.
As the candidates keep piling into the race (constituents are now calling for Christie to join), Stewart wondered what exactly the ideal Republican candidate would look like, as voters seem to take issue with every person currently running for the presidency.
"The Republican base's ideal candidate seems to be a rare, super-heavy element that could only exist in a particular particle accelerator for a fraction of a second," Stewart said.
Full video of the segment below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR