'Gossip Girl': '7th Heaven' Alum Barry Watson Cast as Serena's Love Interest
The CW drama, gearing up for its final season, is adding some new blood.
Gossip Girl is welcoming a 7th Heaven alum to the fray for its sixth and final season.
Barry Watson has been cast as entrepreneur Steven Spence, who will serve as a new love interest for Upper East Side resident Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Watson, who played Matt Camden on the family drama 7th Heaven, has starred in ABC's Samantha Who?, What About Brian and guest starred on Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva. He has since appeared in telepics including ABC Family's My Future Boyfriend and Hallmark Channel's Kiss at Pine Lake.
Gossip Girl, which recently cast Lost's Andrea Gabriel in a recurring role, will return for its final run Monday, Oct. 8 at 9 p.m. on the CW.
TVLine first reported the news.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR