'Gossip Girl' Casts French Actress Roxane Mesquida as Blair's Future In-Law
Meet the woman who's reportedly going to make the socialite's life much harder.
Blair Waldorf’s (Leighton Meester) fairy tale wedding may become a horror story as The CW has cast a new actress who’s reportedly kicking up dirt for the socialite next season on Gossip Girl.
A CW spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that French actress and model Roxane Mesquida, 29, has been cast in the recurring role of Blair’s future sister-in-law, as first reported by TVLine.com. The rep declined to confirm the details of the storyline, though.
According to the report, Mesquida’s character isn’t happy about her brother Prince Louis’ (Hugo Becker) and Blair's impending nuptials and she’ll do what she can to make sure the wedding doesn’t happen.
Mesquida started modeling at 13. At 17, she appeared in renowned French director Benoit Jacquot’s film, L'École de la chair, which would begin several years of film collaboration between the two. She just finished the film Kiss of the Damned directed by Alexandra Cassavetes, famed Greek director John Cassavetes’ daughter.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'