'Gossip Girl': Elizabeth Hurley Brings the 'Payne' in Recurring Role
The actress will kick up some dust on the CW series next season.
After a recent divorce and NBC’s pass on the Wonder Woman pilot (in which she was to play a villain), Elizabeth Hurley’s luck seems to be improving.
She’ll play Diana Payne who exec producers Stephanie Savage and Joshua Safran describe as “a sexy, smart, self-made media mogul and all-around force to be reckoned with.” The character will apparently affect all the show’s characters, even “Gossip Girl” herself.
Hurley is best known for playing the sexy sidekick to Mike Myers’ titular character in the Austin Powers film franchise. Her next film, High Midnight, costarring Vincent D’Onofrio and Rachel Leigh Cook will be out next year.
The British actress formerly dated actor Hugh Grant for 13 years. She married Indian software exec and textile heir, Arun Nayar, in 2007, but announced their separation about three years later. Earlier this year, their divorce became final.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR