Mayor Bloomberg Announces 'Gossip Girl' Day, Celebrates 100 Episodes (Video)
Blake Lively, Ed Westwick and Penn Badgley were on hand for the ceremony on the New York City set Thursday.
Mayor Bloomberg visited Gossip Girl's New York set Thursday to celebrate the CW drama's 100th episode milestone.
Cast members Blake Lively, Ed Westwick, Penn Badgley, Matthew Settle and Kelly Rutherford, along with executive producers Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage and Josh Safran, were on hand for the ceremony, during which Bloomberg unveiled a "Made in NY" t-shirt and issued a proclamation announcing Jan. 26 as Gossip Girl Day.
During the ceremony, Boomberg noted that Gossip Girl -- which is currently in season 5 -- has become "an ambassador for New York City." Fake Empire, Schwartz and Savage's production company, had teased "exciting news" on Twitter the day before.
The event took place one day after Savage and Safran told reporters during a screening of Monday's royal wedding episode that they are not writing a series ender to close out the current year.
"I checked in with the bosses to make sure we're not shooting ourselves in the foot," said Savage on Wednesday.
Watch the "Made in NY" video touting Gossip Girl filming in the Big Apple below:
Gossip Girl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on the CW.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR